Hi all,
Here I am, sitting at my desk, in front of my laptop. I've just spent the past 3 hours revising and if I'm going to be perfectly honest, I'm quite bored. I've been revising on and off for the past month, and I've still got 50 days until my first exam. However I'm not going to sit here complaining about the piles of work I have to do, instead I wanted to write about growing up, and time going on.
It's 43 days until my 18th birthday which means the days of me still being classed as a child will be over. There are many benefits to this which I am greatly looking forward to. For example, I'm looking forward to being able to buy alcohol (responsibly of course), being able to join my friends when they go to clubs and rather topically, being able to vote in future general elections (even though I miss the coming one by a matter of days... sigh). Yet in a sense, I feel rather nostalgic and sad about the step into adult hood.
Soon I will (hopefully) be off to university, and will be leaving the days of school and being a 'child' behind me. I've got into the habit of reminiscing about my childhood, and the things I will not be allowed to do as a classified adult. I won't be able to play with toys without looking slightly foolish, I will be independent from my parents, I won't be able to laugh at words such as 'fart' and 'willy', and there are the countless childhood TV shows which I grew up to love and adore which I simply won't watch any longer... and this makes me slightly sad.
Having said that, age is just a number and it definitely won't stop me from doing all those things. I always say to myself that the best is yet to come, and I believe that that is completely true. There are countless adventures to come, things to see and people to meet. I'm only 17 now and the world is my oyster. But it is also everyone else's oyster, so lets make the most of it.
I feel like I've just let out a lot of nostalgic-steam. I plan to pick up my blog posts from now onwards, especially during the summer, when my exams are over and I have lots of exciting things to look forward to and write about. I'd also like to take this time to include a bit of self-promotion;
I'm starting a photography blog page, where I can upload lots of photos and talk about them, more specifically to this page, so if you'd take a moment to check it out I would be very grateful.
Thank you for reading and come back next time for more ACTION PACKED blog posts... ish...
No comments:
Post a Comment